Plasma technology for carbon nanomaterials
- Single-wall nanotubes (SWNT)
- Multi-walls nanotubes (MWNT)
- Long / Short nanotubes
- Straight / Curved Nanotubes
- Inorganic, organic nanotubes
- Carbon nanotubes
- Composite nanotubes
Methods for manufacturing
- Arc evaporation of graphite in a special atmosphere
- Electrochemical synthesis
- Pyrolysis methods
- Catalytic methods
- Condensation methods
- Laser vaporization
- RF plasma vaporization of graphite
- Detonation methods
CNT (CNT) “Taunit”
Criteria for selection of nanomaterials (NM)
for a variety of applications developed based on years of unique experience and know-how “PLASMAS.”
- Stable quality NM in laboratory and industrial production.
- Easy mass production NM.
- Availability, accessibility and low cost of raw materials.
- Ability to work with a large number of minorities.
- Susceptibility NM to modify the properties.
- Possibility targeted functionalization properties NM for use in different systems (matrices).
- High scores (effect significant improvement in parameters) in the application of HM new materials, devices, products.
- Reasonable cost for mass production NM.
- Technical and commercial competitiveness of nanomaterial and the final product – the product, the device with the new nanomaterial.
Carbon Multi Walls Nano Tubes CMWNT “PLASMAS.”
The current power supply from 350 to 3000 amps at 100% continuous operation at 40 ° C. Power is based on the high-frequency inverter. It provides a high level of stabilization of arc parameters. The source can work on the program stabilization current or voltage, or power. Perhaps the task complex, combined programs, which are given special graphical editor from a personal computer. Quality provides full digital control and stabilization of parameters of the process of synthesis of nanomaterials.
Laboratory unit production CMWNT. Performance up to 100 g / h. The modified method of producing CMWNT. The plasma arc discharge in a liquid hydrocarbon medium.
The initial graphite electrode – the top electrode. The electrode after the process – in the middle. Below – the deposit samples CMWNT.
Carbon Multi Walls Nano Tubes (CMWNT)
- Carbon nanotubes are multi-walled “PLASMAS” produced by arc discharge between graphite electrodes in the liquid hydrocarbon medium. The main difference between this method and the conventional techniques of multi-arc growth of carbon nanotubes (CMWNT) – the use of a liquid hydrocarbon phase, significantly reduces the temperature increase CMWNT, and the use of cheap technical graphite.
- The purpose of this method – the increase in the yield of nanotubes. A yield deposit 100-150g / hour and at the anode with a carbon conversion CMWNT to 100%.
- When producing CMWNT used as an anode technical graphite low natural content of iron impurity catalyst (0,01-0,2mas.%). No additional catalysts.
- Experimental laboratory setup obtain CMWNT 10 kVA voltage across the electrodes is maintained in the range of 20-30 V dc is a density of 70 – 150 A /cm2. The cross section of the graphite anode 4-6 cm².
- It turns cathode deposit containing 70-80mass%. CMWNT, 20-30mass % Polyhedral carbon nanoparticles (nano-onions), Graphene, graphite, metal impurities (Fe)
<0.1-0.2mas.%. Changing electrical parameters allows you to change, to control the morphology CMWNT and ensure the stability of the quality of the nanotubes.
The deposit contains 70-80 wt.% CMWNT, 20-30 wt.% Of polyhedral carbon nanoparticles (nano-onions) Graphene sheets, graphite and
<0.1- 0.2 wt.% Metal impurities (Fe).
Carbon Multi Walls Nano Tubes (CMWNT) PLASMAS
One end is closed hemispherical cap and the other end is closed conical cap with the appropriate number of layers in CMWNT.
Morphology CMWNT (Carbon Multi Wall Nano Tubes)
Distribution of the diameters and length
Averaged characteristics CMWNT
- average length – from 150 nm to 350 nm
- average outer diameter – from 6 nm to 10 nm
- the average internal diameter – from 1.8 nm to 3.5 nm
- average number of layers – from 7 to 11
- interlayer distance – from 0.34 nm to 0.36 nm
- geometric surface area – 100 sq. m/g to 300 sq. m/g.
The main impurity of Nano-Onions.
2-15 layers of Graphene sheets.
Ordered and disordered graphite.
The structure of the Carbon Multi Walls Nano Tubes. CMWNT. (HREM)