Plasma modification, functionalization CMWNT
Plasma modification gives new, unique, pre-set target properties for CMWNT nanomaterial.
It makes possible to obtain new composite materials, new systems, new devices, devices with high unique parameters the use of functionalized nanomaterials.
The process of plasma modification of nanomaterials
The material is placed in a plasma processing chamber.
- Under conditions of dynamic vacuum in the process chamber creates a high-frequency non-isothermal no equilibrium low-temperature plasma discharge.
- It creates negative pressure (vacuum).
- The high-frequency electro-magnetic field.
- The specific electromagnetic power is selected depending on the type and weight of the material being processed
- The desired gas environment created by various required for modifying gas – air, argon, nitrogen, helium, oxygen, hydrogen, neon, xenon, CO₂, methane, carbon-hydrogen-containing gases, chlorine, fluorine-containing gases, mixtures thereof, water vapor, organic or inorganic liquid and their mixtures – for example, alcohols, solvents, silicone fluids and / or solutions and / or mixtures thereof, which are fed into the process chamber as a gas, gas mixture, liquid, liquid mixture, the mixture gases and liquids.
- Held plasma treatment / purification / modification / functionalization of the material in the dynamic mode at a weight average gas temperature of 20 ° C to 100 ° C.
- CMWNT obtained Functionalized with predetermined active functional groups – FCMWNT.
Plasma modification of nanomaterials. Power RF generator 2 – 4 kW. The frequency RF generator 40 MHz. Gas Ar. In the lower part of the chamber is treated material – CMWNT
Effect of plasma modification of the structure and properties of CMWNT and other carbon nanomaterials – graphite, fullerene C60, C70, single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWNT) under various conditions of plasma discharge in different gases – argon, oxygen.
Effect of plasma modification in various plasma discharge conditions (№) on the porous structure UMSNT.
As a test gas = probe selected liquids and gases with different linear dimensions and configuration H₂O (0.26nm). C₆H₆ (0.31 * 0.535 nm). CCl₄ (0.595 nm). Alcohol (0,45 nm)
Changing their relationship, resized the volume of the micro, meso, and nano- pores under different conditions plasma modification of the nanomaterials.
TG (thermo gravimetry) CMWNT
The flow of 5% oxygen in argon. Heating rate 10 ° C / min.
CMWNT after plasma modification
Graphite (South Korea)
Graphite after plasma modification
After plasma modification CMWNT open hemispherical ends. The wall and inter-layer NM open. Activated broken connection carbon atoms C- C. Cone ends CMWNT stored under selected conditions of plasma modification.
Unique opportunity plasma modification of nanomaterials, organic and inorganic materials.
- Activation of the surface
- Passivation, surface inactivation
- Protection against acids, alkalis, UV radiation, biological fluids
- Waterproofing, Hydrophobization surfaces
- Hydrophilizing surfaces
- Changing the porous structure of the material, the nanomaterial in the ratios of micro-nano-meso pores
- “Sew down” the introduction of new atoms, molecules in the structure of the material
- Modification of organic and inorganic compounds
- “Sew down” modification of biological compounds modification of biological materials
- Conducting research on the orders
- Conducting joint research works
- Development of various types, kinds modifications functionalize materials
- Development and production of laboratory, pilot, industrial equipment for plasma modification of materials on agreed parameters
- Organization of new production facilities for plasma modification of materials